June 6, 2012

Icelandic Beauty!!




































So, this is the image that stopped me in my tracks today. Of course I immediately recognized the famous Egg chair by Arne Jacobsen, but what really grabbed my attention were all the artifacts in the bookshelf!
I mean, look at this image, it's hard not to stare for a little while, right??




































I did a little research, and found out that the home belong to Interior Architect  Rut Karadottir, who has earned her "stripes" in Rome, Italy. She has returned to her roots and now call Reykjavik, Iceland home, where she also has her design business.




































I am totally fascinated, and have studied these images throughly... I am drawn to the cool, white Scandinavian interior, but love all the warm touches of wood, woven baskets, pottery, candles, antlers, wool throws you name it, this interior has it all! Oh, and the design classics are there too :) Rut knows her stuff, no doubt about that!!




































Through out the home, there are coffee table books stacked high for easy enjoyment and inspiration. Small universes of collected treasures, beautiful stones picked up on long walks and lots of candles. A wonderful "mix (of) modern design... ethnic finds."

Truthfully, to me, this is one of the most interesting homes I have seen photographed in a long while!
I am forever changing the display in my own bookcase, drawing inspiration from books, flowers & the beach, but also objects... You? Any favorite decor object??

Natasha

All images by Trine Thorsen, Interiors by Rut Karadottir, found via est mag.

3 comments:

  1. Love that first display - that is just the inspiration I need for my new look studio!
    What a beautiful house - not dissimilar to Australian design style. You asked what I was reading - I'm loving this book called 'Beauty in Bloom '- all about the inspirations of this young Australian cosmetic designer - the pages are a bit like my Scrapbook blog so it's full of pretty things.
    Loved today's post
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I noticed is the concrete floors, as that is what we are doing in the home we are building. I needed to see this beauty so I can catch the vision for them that my husband has! Thank you so much for posting these!
    ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm ~ Maybe those aren't concrete floors? But anyway, it's the look of them.
    ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...